Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hello Again!

Sorry for the long delay in posting but it's been pretty busy with classes and work and I was also sponsor for my nephew as he and his father made their Confirmation during the Easter Vigil at their Chruch. It was a beautiful event where 17 people were confirmed to fully join the Roman Catholic Church. It was a remarkable experience as I had not been to an Easter Vigil for years and it truly was a kind of renewal, just like Spring. If you look at my previous post from February you can see we had just experienced a snow storm with over 12 inches of snow and now here we are in April with Spring blooming all over. The temps have been in the 80's here for the past few days which is a big change but it's more than welcome! I'm not complaining about how hot it is because it was a brutal Winter.

You may have noticed the picture attached to this post. It's for a movie being released this week called "Letters to God" and it's based on a true story. I saw the trailer and I have to tell you, it looks like it's a good movie and has a great soundtrack (Addison Road among others!) You can see the trailer at IMDB, http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi182715417/, I hope the link works but if not just go to IMDB and lookup Letters to God. It really does look like a good movie and I plan to see it, if not in the theater then when it comes out on DVD. I hope everyone had a blessed Passover or Easter this past week and I hope you all enjoy this great weather as we head into Climate Change mode in the next few weeks, aka, Spring! And if you get a chance, check out Letters to God, there are so few movies like this out there so we should support them when they do make it to theaters. By the way, Robyn Lively plays the mother of the boy in the movie, if you don't know her, she was a teen actress from the 80's in movies like Teen Witch (1989), Not Quite Human (1987) and Teen Angel Returns (1990, still counts as 80's...) and she was in a lot of TV shows back then and is still doing tv today ie, Saving Grace (2007-2009.)

1 comment:

Sara said...

I remember Robin Lively. Oh we need to see this in theaters!