Monday, November 10, 2008

Still tuning in

So another few episodes have aired of this show and it seems that I’m still tuned in. Hubby watched last night’s show with me and told me it felt like a “cross between a telenovela and Buffy on drugs”. I don’t think he’ll be watching more episodes with me but dems da breaks.

Last night’s episode was not as good as episodes in the past but was it full of revelations or what. In no order:

1. Sam: Looks like he’s a good guy after all! The poor fella turned out to be a Shape Shifter (“we just call ourselves ‘shifters’”) and is not the killer (more on that in a minute). Sam can apparently shift into a dog (his fav), cat or bird (they’re harder since flying isn’t easy to master, per Samwise). When he falls asleep, the ‘shift’ is broken which explains why he was running buck naked through the woods that day. Dummy should have just changed back at that point! Oh well, nice plot twist. Oh, and apparently in TB there are such things as Werewolves (he’s not one and was totally disgusted that Sookie mentioned it).

2. Jason & Hippie Girl: That crazy girl really is psychotic. She killed poor old Eddie last night after Jason came to his senses and decided to free him. Talk about a day late and a dolla’ short! According to the previews he gives himself to the police but I’m sure it’s just his guilt over Eddie’s death. He’ll be free again in no time.

3. Miss Jeanette: is one big ol’ fake! I coulda told you that but I didn’t expect her to working at a drugstore.

4. Tara: The chick really is screwed up. Poor thing should just excepted the exorcism, pretended it wasn’t Miss Jeanette she saw and went on her merry way. Meh. She’s just one of those people that likes to be angry. Boo.

5. Bill: Oh Bill, what have you done. Looks like he’s now a Maker. It really shows you how much he’s willing to sacrifice to be with Sookie, but I think the gesture will go totally the wrong way on her. Granted, I don’t think I’d be thrilled my blood sucking boyfriend just killed a girl, then made her a vampire just so we could be together.

6. Sookie & The Killer: Sookie, our quick girl who apparently has a cat for an ancestor, narrowly escaped death from this Season’s killer. As for the Killer, I’m going out on the line and guessing who it is …. I predict it’s Terry, our Iraq War Veteran. He’s touched from the war and a comment he gave last night “there are some dead people I’d still like to see alive” just made me think he’s our man. Plus, his shirt and appearance kind of looked like the guy in the dark trying to choke Sookie.

7. Lafayette: did he just predict his own demise when he said *he’d* be the one to go missing if anyone found out about his pursuits? Hmmm, I hope not. He’s a funny guy.

No comments: